At The Scooter Shop, our goal is to ensure that you always select the right product for your needs. However, you may occasionally receive a product that doesn’t work for you. If you need to return an item, please review the Return Policy and call (877) 224-2294 for a Return Authorization Number. Items cannot be returned without a RA number.
Please inspect your product upon delivery. If the product is damaged or is not the correct product, please refuse the delivery. If your item was delivered without a signature and is damaged or incorrect, please call The Scooter Shop Customer Service.
Once delivery has been accepted, the following conditions apply: All items have a Restocking Fee of 25%.
- You are responsible for the cost of return shipping and the product must be in the original packaging.
- The item must be in new, unused condition. Indications of use include, but are not limited to: cracks, scratches, dirty tires, pet hair or other household dirt, wear to seats and armrests, damage to charging ports, scratches to the frame, or scratches on remotes.
- All accessories and chargers included in the product’s box must be returned. EX. chargers, baskets, additional colored shrouds. Accessories not included in box, those purchased separately, do not have to be returned as part of a power chair return.
- Unfortunately, delivery service fees, including Next-Day and Overnight shipping fees, Premium and Platinum Delivery Service and Tech Set-Up are not refundable.
General Return Windows
Most items may be returned within 14 days of receipt for a refund. You are responsible for the cost of return shipping and the product must be in the original packaging. There are certain products that are custom-made by the manufacturer and are non-returnable. These include:
- Custom-built lift chairs, including those with upgraded fabrics, heat and massage, footrest extension or left-hand control options are nonreturnable.
- Some scooters and power chairs with custom add-ons
- Open-Box Items
For hygienic reasons, the following products are non-returnable:
- Bath safety equipment
- Patient Lifts
- All slings
All products require a 25% restocking fee for returns. These include:
- Lift chairs
- Power wheelchairs
- Patient Lifts
- Cushions and Backs
- Rehab Shower Commode Chairs
- Request an RA (Return Authorization) by calling us at 1-877-224-2294 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an RA number. Please include your order number, name and the item number you are returning.
- Once the RA has been issued from The Scooter Shop, ship the item back to the address noted on the RA within 14 days.
- Once the product is received it will be inspected for damage and signs of use. If item shows any signs of use, The Scooter Shop is unfortunately not able to issue a refund. In the event your item is not returnable we will contact you and you can decide if you’d like it shipped back. You will be responsible for shipping fees to get the item back to you.
- Once approved, your refund, minus any restocking fees, will be refunded to your original form of payment within 30 days.
PLEASE NOTE: All returned products require a Return Authorization number. Returns received without this number will not be credited. Products returned without an RA number will not be credited. To receive full credit, items must be shipped within 14 days from the day the RA Number and shipping information were provided by The Scooter Shop.
Unless The Scooter Shop made an error, return freight is the customer’s responsibility. We will be happy to help you determine which shipping method to use once you have requested your RA number. We highly recommend insuring larger items for their retail value to protect against shipping damage.
Please be sure to carefully follow all return-shipping instructions that are included with your Return Authorization number. If an item is returned to the wrong address, The Scooter Shop reserves the right to charge for any additional shipping fees associated with shipping the item to the correct location. In addition, if a scheduled pickup with a delivery carrier is missed, The Scooter Shop may institute a $25 fee per missed scheduled pickup.
Orders cancelled after the item has shipped are subject to all standard return policies. You must accept delivery, obtain an RA Number and ship the item back to the correct address. If delivery of an item is refused, return shipping costs are deducted from the issued credit and a 25% restocking fee will apply. Second-Day and Next-Day shipping costs will not be credited if delivery is refused.
Once your return is received, The Scooter Shop will issue a credit to the payment type used for the purchase. Please allow up to 30 days for your credit to be issued. If your item is defective or was damaged in shipping, please call us at 1-877-224-2294 or email us at email@example.com. We will arrange for the item to be repaired or replaced promptly.